[Typo3-dev] BaseURL without port-number

Martin Seebach martin at biplane.dk
Tue Jul 26 15:35:58 CEST 2005

Hi,

A client is running a TYPO3 site behind a proxy on an alternative port.
This means that when config.baseUrl = 1 is set, :82 is attached to the
hostname in <base href="">, breaking everything. Thus, running RealURL,
they are setting config.baseURL = http://actualurl/

They now need to run mulitple sub-domains to the same site, and this is
no longer sufficient. So I tried to write an extension, removing this
portnumber. Unfortunately all functions relating to this is contained in
tslib_pagegen and t3lib_div, both static classes without any method of
extending.

I have made a patch that introduces config.baseurl = 2, that will work
like =1, but without the portnumber.

Obviously, this is sub-optimal, and the client is uneasy about changing
the TYPO3 source, as this will make upgrading much more difficult.

What am I supposed to do? Propose a hook or submit this patch - and to whom?

Best regards,

Martin Seebach