[Typo3-dev] TypoScript - Conditions / IF

Michael Fritz Michael.Fritz at target-e.de
Tue Jul 19 13:51:28 CEST 2005

i would say (again):

[styles.content.getBorder = '']
[ELSE]
[GLOBAL]

should work, try it!

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: typo3-dev-bounces at lists.netfielders.de
[mailto:typo3-dev-bounces at lists.netfielders.de]Im Auftrag von Philippe
Gagnon
Gesendet: Montag, 18. Juli 2005 18:09
An: List for Core-/Extension development
Betreff: Re: [Typo3-dev] TypoScript - Conditions / IF

2005/7/16, Brian Slezak <Brian.Slezak at cor.org>:
> Hey all, trying this post on the dev list.
>
> Hoping that someone can help me find a solution to this.  What I want to do is determine if a page has content in the border column.  If yes, use border column content, if no, use predefined content.
>
> pseudoTS
>
> [if styles.content.getBorder not Empty]
>   page.20 < styles.content.getBorder
> [else]
>   page.20 = RECORDS
>   page.20.tables = tt_content
>   page.20.source = 1234
> [end]
>
> The above is using conditional statements, and I realize this is not the way I'll actually accomplish this, but it was easier to express what I wanted. ;)
>
> It would seem to me that TypoScript would be the best place to accomplish this in, rather than design a custom cObject or other PHP script, but that's the direction I need to find.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> ------
> Brian Slezak

Hey there,

I cannot help you on the line "[if styles.content.getBorder not
Empty]" maybe somebody can.

However, as you seem to know , they are no real if statement as
typoscrip isnt a programation langage.

the way to do this is setting

page.20 = RECORDS
page.20.tables = tt_content
page.20.source = 1234

and after...
[your condition]
(all the parameters after this line to the end of the file will be set
if your condifiton is true)
 page.20 < styles.content.getBorder

as you can see this can be quite tricky for multi conditions...

I think the best way to get trough would be to create a separate
template file and do the conditon here, then link the template and do
the

subparts.your_border < the element from your seperate template

Maybe somebody can suggest a better way of doing it?

good luck

Philippe