[Typo3-dev] About respect

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb>] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Tue Jul 19 08:16:13 CEST 2005

Jean-David Gadina wrote:
> Ok guys, let's talk a bit about respect,
> I'm very sorry if this is not the place, but I just can't avoid this...

Of course you could.

> I think they are some rules to respect.

Agreed. One of these rules is to talk to the person first!
Plus I think the Logic of the JS is so generic that this can't really be
called stealing.
What do you expect?
Writing about 4.000.000 lines of comments where someone used a while loop?

> Is it so hard to show some respect to the others' work? Is it so hard
> to send me an email just to tell those things? Is it so hard to keep
> code comments and to add a little line with a credit? Was it really  the
> solution to get that extension un-depreciated?

Good question.
When there is an extension for a certain purpose and it doesn't work on
other TYPO3 versions you simply "take over" the idea and write your own
instead of working together with the author of the original extension.
What about respect now?

> At least, if that developer had contacted me, he would now have my  code
> working, which is not really the case at the moment.

?
I thought he stole your code.
How come that it is not working then?

I suggest to keep it down a notch and talk to the dev in private.
He called me yesterday and spent the whole night searching for the forum
where he got the JS code from.

Best regards
Mathias

--
if ($GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->user['ahnung'] == 0) {
	$this->fresseHalten = 1;