[Typo3-dev] Zope TAL as a concept for Typo3 Templates

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Mon Jul 18 19:11:30 CEST 2005

Hi,

after researching functionality of zope I also learned about the
template systems of zope. Learning more about Template Attribute
Language made me smile when thinking for the chances of improving the
typo3 template system.

First of all, there are two template systems in zope, dtml which
contains logik, and tal which is logic-free.

tal does many things like also done today in typo3, substitution of
markers, the ony difference is, that they provide a xml-namespace for
tal and so it could be used by designers too in a gui environment and it
validates.

using tal could be a way to not include so much template stuff like
already stored with templavoila in the database.

kindly regards

sven