[Typo3-dev] Sending plaint text email with attachment using t3lib_htmlmail

Makrela Corporation misza at mikado.neostrada.pl
Mon Jul 18 02:50:58 CEST 2005

Hello,

My goal is to send a plain text email with an attachement to a single
recipient.
Therefore I have used functions from the t3lib_htmlmail class and in a
result email is correctly delivered (charset, subject, text content, etc.
are fine).
But there is a serious problem with the attachment, which is not included
properly.

My code:
$mail = t3lib_div::makeInstance('t3lib_htmlmail');

$mail->start();

$mail->useBase64();

$mail->plain_text_header = "Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
charset=UTF-8\nContent-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable";

$mail->subject = $subject;

$mail->from_email = $fromEmail;

$mail->from_name = $fromName;

$mail->organisation = $organisation;

$mail->replyto_email = $replyToEmail;

$mail->replyto_name = $replyToName;

$mail->mailer = $mailerName;

$mail->setRecipient($recipientName);

$mail->addAttachment($file);

$mail->setPlain($emailText);

$mail->setHeaders();

$mail->setContent();

$mail->sendTheMail();

And obtained email (in. ex. in Outlook Express) looks like that:

Sample plain text message.
-----

R0lGODlhFgAXAJEAALdqVAAAAP////j18iH5BAAAAAAALAAAAAAWABcAAAJLXI6pauAPYzyyVmqz
w2+lGYBeCHHbISzgJLRuS3bxlgawPQOm/r75bru5fr/ecFUaETWaHTMpGUVzT9n0c6FWdVRPdjsF
TwzK8qAAADs
-------

------------part_2_42dacfaa33486--

Now I would like to ask you kindly for advice how to ovecome this obstacle.

It seems very helpful to paste a sample working code either.

regards

Misza