[Typo3-dev] Opera and changing page type

panamerica334 at gmx.net panamerica334 at gmx.net
Fri Jul 15 09:50:30 CEST 2005

>some people had problems with changing page types (from standard to
>shortcut etc) in the new Opera 8.01 I think and later.
>I tested it again and it worked fine in 8.00 final, so I submitted a bug
>report to Opera and they already looked at it (made a user account for
>them and checked the logs, hehe :) )
>So I hope this will be fixed in the new 8.02.

Great!

There's a small workaround for those using Opera 8.01 and Typo 3.8.0 (like me) that suffer these "sticks selection boxes":

Say you want to create a SysFolder, then
- make a new page
- it's defaulted to 'Standard' page type
- disable Opera's JavaScript support (I put the corresponding options-checkbox right into the statusbar for convenience)
- change to SysFolder
- as the JS action isn't triggered it stays there without the view reloading
- reenable JS
- click 'Save'
- the view reloads
- set a page name and configure it
- save again
- done

it would be better if everything worked just right away, alas that isn't so. I think the overhead for the shown workaround is acceptable (+5 seconds per page created :) until Opera 8.02 is out.
I want to point out that not only the page type selector is affected by the Opera bug but every other selection box with JS also.

HTH & HAND