[Typo3-dev] cache tables

Daniel Brüßler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Sat Jul 9 02:14:34 CEST 2005

Hi Elmar!

This is a really good idea for a doc. Admins and developers need some
more help with the cache.

What I would find important for the doc is some practical stuff like
* how you can find out what extensions eat much performance (with help
of the AdminPanel)
* what an extension-developer has to take care of when making the
extension cacheable
* what templating-mechanism is best for fast caching (standard, automake
or templavoila)

There is no official documentation about the cache-tables and what each
column is about.

 > In what way are the pages cached? As object tree, as resulting
 > HTML or a combination of both?
Combination of both. HTML and a bunch of object-trees. But I never
looked at the code. As I see it with the AdminPanel the parsed page will
be put into the database as HTML ("Page generation"). Several other
tasks are needed at every request (for example "Include config files"
and "Include Frontend libraries").

I think Kaspers Article about cHash would help you digging deeper in
that topic. You find it here:
http://typo3.org/development/articles/the-mysteries-of-chash/
That will be a good base for your doc. Best is you start an new
extension and experiment with the stuff Kasper writes about :-)

If you want to share the creation of your doc with others, then you can
use the wiki:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/About_the_Documentation

kind regards
Daniel Brüßler