[Typo3-dev] Is it possible to display content elements referenced by uid in frontend plugin php code?

Yevgen Lirnyk elirnyk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 15:45:25 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have following problem:

Customer wants to diplay some content elements in two columns. I.e page
may include simple text elements, images and so on, and among these
could be larger chunks of text, being split into two columns.

My first idea was to look into repository of existing extensions. I have
found couple extensions (like fdfx_2cols), but these are not completely
suit my needs.

Ok, I tried to make my own extension. Idea was to create content
elements for left & right columns separately and put it into "invisible"
columns on the same page, then reference these elements in two m:m
database relations fields. Everything was fine till doing rendering in
front end... When php script in pi being called I have uids of all
referenced content elements, but I have no idea what to do further.

I have spent almost two days digging documentation, but still have no
clue how to read content from database and render it into page...
Is it feasible at all ?