[Typo3-dev] session data persistence weirdness - my fault, or bug?

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Tue Jul 5 14:17:11 CEST 2005

Hello.

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/Storing_user_data_or/

> "Userdata is data, that follows login users. As soon as a login user is
> logged out, these data are no more accessible and cannot be altered.

Ah, ok. I didn't know/remember that detail. Thanks.

Anyway, the problem persists. I want to have data that is unique to a user
(not a session as such, as one browser session may have more than one
user), but is not persistent after a logout. So I need session data that is
cleared on logoff of the FE user.

Meanwhile I solved this, after talking to René: while getKey() and setKey()
data is stored in fe_session_data and only cleaned after 24 hours, the data
set through getSessionData() and setAndSaveSessionData() is stored in
fe_sessions - and is removed after a call to logoff().

Thanks for your input, sorry for the confusion. :)

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Association - Active Member