[Typo3-dev] XHTML compliancy for TYPO3 4.0 [the roadmap ]

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Mon Jul 4 19:50:26 CEST 2005

tapio schrieb:
> ben van 't ende [netcreators] wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> One thing I missed in the roadmap is XHTML compliancy. I emailed this
>> to Robert and he acknowledges that he wants to include it in the
>> roadmap for TYPO3 4.0. There is already some activity in the
>> content-rendering list and the team has it's spot on TYPO3.org
>> (http://typo3.org/teams/content-rendering/)
>>
>> Anyone any thoughts on how to proceed? Any suggestions?
>>
>> gRTZ
>>
>> ben
>
> In practise impossible - plug-ins certainly broke XHTML.
> Existing default plugins broke it.
> ALL designers of plug-ins should make XHTML-compliat code - doesn't
> never happen.

Default plugins can easily be changed - and they will. If the core dev
team sticks to the roadmap.

As for other extensions: Remember - politely! - those extension author
and ask them for an upgrade. Or even better, send them money or at least
a nice postparc ad some flowers :-) Or write your own extensions.

Masi