[Typo3-dev] more flexible getSingleField_typeFlex_draw()

Thomas Murphy murphy at spreekonzept.de
Sat Jul 2 00:32:40 CEST 2005

Hello again,

I just wanted to test the repetitive data objects flexform element in my
own flexform and to minimize the work I just started by copying some
snippet from a templavoila DS - and it worked out of the box.
When I started to modify the DS and replace the '<tx_templavoila>' tags,
the labels suddenly vanished.

I looked into 'getSingleField_typeFlex_draw()' inside the
't3lib_tceforms' and recognized that

a.) the name for the title tag is hardcoded to 'tx_templavoila'
b.) the option Value to create a new repetitive data object always
starts with "NEW ..."
c.) there is no multilanguage support for the labels

No offense, (there is a lot of good work done in the flexforms) but
that's exactly one of the reasons why I think flexforms are not yet
production ready and no real replacement to e.g. extending the
tt_content table from time to time.

Is this issue already a feature request / bug report?
I think I could help fixing all those problems while keeping the
function backwards compatible.

bye,
Murphy