[Typo3-dev] creating BE users with code (eg LDAP sync, etc)

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Fri Jan 28 15:26:30 CET 2005

Hi Martin

> How shall new users be created? Especially how can they be configured?

Good question I asked myself too. We've now 2 freely available services that
creates user on the fly. Additionally I'm currently developing a SOAP
solution to transfer accounts from one t3 site to another.

> If you add your code in the context of the authentication you can do
> stuff like this:
>
> $uc = $auth->getTSConfigProp('setup.default');

Good idea. I'll think about it and integrate it in my current solution.

> This cannot be done in any other code. Syndaction is IMHO currently
> growing more important. Any chance we see an API for this in 3.8? And is
> there a chance cc_sv_auth gets into 3.8 (obsoleting the extension)?

Maybe it will go into 3.8. But another idea is to provide a hook that make it
possible to install sv-auth cleanly. So it is a "core option".

Anyway. Later I will upload a new version with some bugfixes. This version
will not provide such API but for the next release that should be included.

BTW: The new cc_svauth extension had to change it's API slightly
!! change $this->info into $this->authInfo in your auth services !!
Any services on TER will be updated too.

René

--
COLORCUBE
digital media lab