[Typo3-dev] Cropping Function via Flash and IM

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Jan 25 17:23:23 CET 2005

Hello Wolfgang,

>  On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Carsten Bleicker wrote the following:
>> i'm using flash only to display a rectangle over
>> the image to select the area wich you want to crop, nothing more.
>
>  take a look at this:
>  http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/cp_imagecrop/

I'm not sure about the legality of that extension! It was released after
this posting by JHH [1] where he was asking for sponsoring of Michaëls
work.

And I could _not_ find a note that this is free software that can just be
copied so easily. Yes it's DHTML and you can still fetch the code from this
location [2] but is it really allowed to copy & redistribute it?

Would be great, of course, but I just doubt this was serious work.

- michael

[1] http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2004-August/005558.html
[2] http://www.speedingrhino.com/temp/imgedition0.7/
--