[Typo3-dev] Data check in Backend-forms

Joerg Schoppet joerg.schoppet at web.de
Tue Jan 25 08:09:56 CET 2005

Hi list,

I've wrote a FE-Plugin where BE-Users have the possibility to insert records.

Is there a way, that the input of this BE-form is checked against some user-defined functions, not only the standard checks (required, int, date, and so on), but perhaps 'Is the email address valid?', 'Is the birthday in the past?' and so on.

For my a "simple" solution would be to extend the tca with a field like "checkMethod", which could be handled similar to the "itemsProcFunc" and return "TRUE" or "FALSE".

or is there somewhere a hook?

- Joerg Schoppet (derjoerg)