[Typo3-dev] Typo3 Application Server

Jan-Hendrik Heuing [NF] jh at netfielders.de
Mon Jan 24 23:52:45 CET 2005

Interesting in general, but not for "real" clients, only for small clients.
The problem is that probably those things take longer to process as it's a
separate server. But I can think of szenarious where this would be useful.

Some webhost only offering very limted capabilities like only php no mysql.
That TYPO3-client-php-script would query the real typo3 with the url, and
would not do anything beside writing static files from time to time.

We thought about this connected to the original thoughts of lpe to not have
ftp for publishing, but some sort of client-script. It would roughly do what
we test-implemented in the index.php: just generate typo3 pages if they are
not yet available, and also take care of files which should be deleted.

We also thought about it connected to image magick. Imagine you have a small
webhost which does not offer imagemagick, but through the image-api you just
call a foreign thing instead of local image magick. you pass on your image
and you get back another image.

JH

news:mailman.1.1106598937.32058.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...