[Typo3-dev] Typo3 Application Server

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Mon Jan 24 21:26:21 CET 2005

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:

> yes and no.
>
> some clients do not want typo3 on their live servers.
> they need on the other hand only for 10% of their pages typo3.
>
> understand?

I think yes. But where's that really TYPO3 related? If you don't want to
have the whole TYPO3 on you liveserver, there's plenty of possibilities:
Remove /typo3 and make the backend available on another machine, use
mod_proxy and mod_rewrite in order to get stuff from a "hidden" TYPO3
server, all that. As long as you need some TYPO3, you have to have it
installed *somewhere*.

Greetings,
Michael