[Typo3-dev] Typo3 Application Server

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Mon Jan 24 20:42:57 CET 2005

dan frost wrote:
> I have thought about this kind of thing a lot and, so far, concluded
> that TYPO3 is the wrong thing. Something like Zope is built in a much
> more objecty way and with a view to scalability.
>
> However, I think TYPO3 is a really application-interface builder. You
> coudl have somethign like:
>
> [Application server] --SOAP--< [many TYPO3 installations]
>
> This is good because TYPO3 is really good for building and configuring
> interfaces and user experiences. And, something like Zope is really
> good for building scalable applications.
>
> dan

hi dan,

we have this idea to create something like a worker typo3 engine.

since from my assumption 80 to 90 percent of webpages are static and only
the remaining parts are dynamic.
using realurl and a publisher extension it would be possible to create a
static website with some dynamic pages. these dynamic pages would have a way
to connect to the worker engine.

this could be achieved by a apache module or a php pecl...
this worker connector would be the link to a stripped down typo3 application
class...

not quite sure if this could be done...

Greetings,

olivier