[Typo3-dev] Session ID generation

Volker Hielscher vh at dmc.de
Mon Jan 24 10:01:19 CET 2005

Hi,

i looked in the typo3.7 sourcecode for the session-id generation code:
$id = substr(md5(uniqid('')),0,$this->hash_length); // New random
session-$id is made

for id is uniqid used. Now you could have the problem that in the same
millisecond 2 Sessions are generated with the same sessionid !
If you use one machine the problem should not really exist, but if you have
a cluster with 5-10 machines !!

There are different solutions for the problem but i think for the first we
should use a prefix ( Hostname, random, or something else )

Later we could use a database sequence ??

Regards
Volker