[Typo3-dev] Translation interface is broken in MSIE 6???

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sun Jan 23 13:54:06 CET 2005

Hi Andreas and Dmitry,

Andreas Schwarzkopf write:
> IMHO it is a bug of realURL, I also can only use firefox for the
> translation internface.

The problem is probably the IE bug that IE doesn't use the <base> tag
for URLs opened with JavaScript.

So to work around that problem, the translation interface should be
programmed to work with absolute URLs instead of relying on relative
URLs in conjunction with the <base> tag.

We had the same problem in a bug report about "Click enlarge"
showpic.php not working properly with RealURL on IE:
http://bugs.typo3.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000167

Martin Poelstra wrote in a bug comment there:
> RealURL uses the <base>-tag to set the 'root' of the website. This works
> fine in most cases, but IE doesn't use the <base>-tag in URLs that are
> opened through javascript. So, the absolute path has to be supplied to
> the showpic()-function.

cheers,
Ingmar