[Typo3-dev] Translation of extension

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Fri Jan 21 09:36:48 CET 2005

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> One more big problem I see is that many extension authors just do not know
> how to create code suitable for localization. Consider the following
> simplest example:
>
>     5 of 5
>
> What is the typical line that apears in language files for translation? Do
> you think it is "%d of %d"? Wrong. It will be " of " (with spaces).

And don't forget the argument swapping feature, eg "%1\$d of %2\$d".

What is missing in the locallang.php format is docs/hints for the
translators of the meaning/context of the item.

I don't know if it's available for the xml format, but I think it's be
great if it could be brought at least to the xml format.

Masi