[Typo3-dev] Translation of extension

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Thu Jan 20 18:26:54 CET 2005

Hi Dmitry,
> One more big problem I see is that many extension authors just do not know
> how to create code suitable for localization.

  [snip]

> Extensions authors MUST always put full lines of text to language files and
> use sprintf to format values. This must be a requirement to a
> correctly-written extension!

Is there any rules/best practice written down for this? If not,
maybe a "Translation guidelines" should be written? Maybe on the
wiki? (http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Translation_guidelines)

I mean, if extensions authors really want to get it right, they
should be able to read about the requirements somewhere...

/Peter Kindström