[Typo3-dev] Integrating a new type of text area

André Hänsel andre at webkr.de
Fri Jan 14 12:04:40 CET 2005

Martin T. Kutschker wrote:
> André Hänsel wrote:
>>
>> My idea is, to have text tranformed by "signal characters" as it is
>> in wikis, for example in MediaWiki (wikipedia.org).
>
> As Wolfgang said, there is the htmlarea extension, And thanks to the
> RTE-API you could create your own "field type" the way you describe.
> Though this would make the classic RTE fo away for ALL RTE fields.

Well, I don't want to replace the RTE, of course it has its right to exist
in many cases!

>> There you can create an enumeratin by writing:
>> * Point 1
>
> IMHO this would be great for the FE. Don't think it's needed for the
> BE.

You mean text entered in the Frontend? That's probably the rarer case.

I find it much more comfortable to simply enter a few stars than fight with
the paragraphs in the RTE... is there a way to create an enumeration while
writing straight down your text without using the mouse?