[Typo3-dev] Versioning Fix

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Jan 12 15:48:27 CET 2005

Dear Kasper,

> As long as versioning is not an official feature (it really isn't!) it
> doesn't make sense to fix it for a patch release like 3.7.1!

Official or not, it's a shipped extension that can be installed with one
simple mouse-click.

There is no big warning saying "do-not-install-me" if you don't run MySQL
4.0.18+, so it doesn't make a difference if the feature is official or not.

Please keep in mind that installing this extension can break your website!
(I know, the feature is outside of it but it's not touchable as long as the
ext is not installed.)

Of course there are ways to repair this issue, but all that does not help an
admin who just installs this on his website because he thinks it is a nice
thing...

So I see two options from now:
- Integrate the patch (if anybody has a better solution, feel free to share
  your ideas)
- Remove the "version" extension in 3.7.1

Kind regards
- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html