[Typo3-dev] Deactivating Backend Modules

Thomas Hempel thomas at work.de
Tue Jan 11 21:01:38 CET 2005

Hi,

> Try to reset the $TBE_MODULES variables in a ext_tables.php file.
I will try this...

> Apart from that; be careful you do not boarder to rebranding TYPO3 with
> your attempts. it is all allowed but if your new backend hides the fact
> that the product is mostly TYPO3 and thereby GNU/GPL, you are on the
> dark side.
No worry. Nothing bad is planned! :)
This is mainly a feasibility study at this point. I'm checking all
possible ways to do the stuff I need. TYPO3 is one oportunity to do so...

> If you want an alternative CMS oriented backend using the same
> components like pages and tt_content, maybe we can work together
If everythings works like I exspect it will not. I think the types and
of structure-elements is so special, that is not a good idea to use
pages, because the elements I'm planning have a completly different
principle. I don't know if this can be mapped on pages without chaning
the code. Please excuse me if I sad something completly wrong but my
ideas are in a very very very early state of evolution and so these are
only some flashes in my mind... ;)

> instead. Benoit POUYET has presented a suggestion for a scaled down and
> highly usability oriented backend for "basic users". If this is also
> your goal I think we should share the efforts! Please let us know if
> this project could have general interest for TYPO3.
I'm generally interrested in that "basic BE"... Not specially for my
actual plans but for other projects, it could be very interesting.

Ciao
Thomas