[Typo3-dev] Deactivating Backend Modules

Thomas Hempel thomas at work.de
Tue Jan 11 19:41:32 CET 2005

Hello,

I don't want to disable this modules for "normal" users. It should be
disabled for all users, because I want to create my own "list-module"
wich handles other things than pages and content. So, I don't need the
internal list-module and so it should be completly removed from the
backend, also for admins.

The core of my question is, how far can I go with recreating the backend
and just using the very basic framework of TYPO3.

If I read the info about the extension "cms" I found somethind like
"TYPO3 can be used for... anything as a framework". So, my question is, how?

Is replacing the cms-extension the only way, or are there other, more
simple, possibilities?

The point is, that I want to keep the core of T3 untouched, too keep it
updatetable and have the chance to reuse my changes, or parts of it, in
other projects.

I hope you understand what I want to do in general...

greets
Thomas