[Typo3-dev] Security: limit extension available to install + Reimplementing the EM

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Tue Jan 11 15:09:57 CET 2005

Hi *,

on the Board I was talking with Robert, Ingmar an others about mirroring
the TER. Due the weeks several points for the TER an EM where taken into
a concept for a serverside mirrorlist and a local configuration for
choosing the mirror.

As discussed with Robert and Ekkehard, the new EM will be developed by
Ingmar and me.

At the tour I hacked on the code of the current EM and customization was
very easy, but through several additional features I will reimplemented
the EM complete on base of the old EM.

The concept for the new EM and TER should be available as soon as
Ekkehard has time for this.

Some topics.

* Provide a serverside mirrorlist, so be able to active/deactive servers
   like sf.net on traffic base
* Provide a local mirror in EM for possible local mirror
* Provide the basic env for signed extensions and verification

Some ideas that have/could be added

* Provide a way to have access to all versions of one extension
* Provide a compatibility method (Something like firefox plugins
   eg. 0.8 - 1.0)

Any other ideas from the community.

I want to develop it testdriven, because many parts are library code and
  this is perfect for phpunit.
Also everyone could verify this locally.

Start of project is done.

Greets Sven