[Typo3-dev] Security: limit extension available to install

Jochen Weiland J_dot_WEILAND_at_WEB_dot_DE at nospam.comm
Mon Jan 10 20:50:55 CET 2005

I am looking for a way to limit the extensions available for a user to
install. Consider these scenarios:

- Someone might decide to write a harmful extension
- There may be extensions that are poorly programmed and thus provide a
thread for a stable environment or extensions that provide the user with
more features/rights than desired

Currently the install tool has a feature for "required extensions" that
can't be uninstalled. I am looking for the opposite:

- provide a list of unwanted extensions

-or-

- provide a white-liste of "secure" extensions

Anyone else looking for such a feature? Any idea for a workaround in
existing systems (I am considering patching the extension manager
manually to prevent installation of some specific extensions).

Regards
Jochen