[Typo3-dev] caching, CLI, and IMG_RESOURCE

Zach Davis zach at crito.org
Fri Jan 7 05:44:15 CET 2005

Dimitri Tarassenko wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 22:58:17 -0500, Zach Davis <zach at crito.org> wrote:
>
>>Here's the problem: every now and then the client needs to crawl the
>>gallery and cache every image. It's very time consuming and CPU
>>intensive, so my preference is to make it something that can be run via
>>cron or, even better, from the command line.
>

> I think you are overcomplicating the issue. I would simply run httrack
> from a cron job in a mirroring mode on the same server. Is there a
> reason why httrack would not do the job?

You're probably right -- although I still like the idea of being able to
do it automatically from the command line, even if it is complicated
(although maybe it's not possible). The nice thing about it being a cron
  job is that I could run it nightly and it would cache the 5-10 images
that the client modified or added on a given day, and I wouldn't have to
think about it.

best,
Zach