[Typo3-dev] introducing the fileConversion service

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Thu Jan 6 20:17:48 CET 2005

Robert Fink wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to suggest a new service type called "fileConversion". It should
> define an API to extensions for converting files between different formats
> (for example doc2pdf, sxw2pdf, sxw2doc, etc.). Becaue this might become a
> fundamental service for many extensions (DAM, General Office Displayer, ...),
> i want to share my suggestions and start a discussion about the
> fileConversion-API.
>
> Any comments are welcome!

subtype naming:

how abot "from:to"? A colon is an unlikely character to appear in a file
format. And I'd drop the three char conventoin. So something like
"bz2:gzip" would be valid.

input:

I guess "data" means the converter will get a blob in a PHP variable.
"filePath" will mean a path to a file to read from. How about making
this a "url"? So we could read from arbitrary sources not just the
filesystem.

Masi