[Typo3-dev] introducing the fileConversion service

Robert Fink robert.fink at gmx.net
Thu Jan 6 17:47:31 CET 2005

Hi!

>> I want to suggest a new service type called "fileConversion". It should
>> define an API to extensions for converting files between different formats
>> (for example doc2pdf, sxw2pdf, sxw2doc, etc.). Becaue this might become a
>> fundamental service for many extensions (DAM, General Office Displayer,
>> ...),
>> i want to share my suggestions and start a discussion about the
>> fileConversion-API.
>
> Did yoe read the Typo3 Service API docs? The testbed for the API was
> AFAICS the filter service. And a file converter is is basically a
> filter. So perhaps everything's already in place.

I read the docs and as they are still kind of incomplete i had a look to
class.t3lib_svbase.php, too. You're right, i we  agree to implement
fileConversion as a filter in René Fritz's meaning, we could use many parts
of the API defined there (setInput, setInputFile, getInput, ... getOutput,
getOutputFile, ...).

I will talk to René about that.

  Robert.