[Typo3-dev] TYPO3-core duplicate codebase?

martin schoepf mschoepf at octoon.com
Sat Feb 26 11:58:00 CET 2005

Hi list

just taking my first experiences with typo3. i really like
the functionality this framework provides.

if looking at the installed typo3-core package, i realize
duplicate codebases inside for example t3lib and typo3/t3lib.
a 'diff -r' on these two directories gives me no differences.
i wonder if it's necessary to keep 2 definitions of the same
classes/namespaces.

my questions now:

is this intentional?
wouldn't it be better to have a symbolic link?
are these php-files intended to be loaded/used in different manners?
(frontend-mode/backend-mode)?

- martin schoepf (mschoepf)