[Typo3-dev] Project proposal: TypoG

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Sat Feb 26 10:20:24 CET 2005

Franz Holzinger wrote:

> But the main thing which makes it slow is the database access.

One thing I wanted to have is a connection manager. With which you can manage Typo3
Sites. And for each site you can create user accounts (in the GUI) so you can login
with different users (on different installations) at the same time.
In this dialog I would like to have the options:
( ) Work online (safer)			( ) Work offline (faster)
( ) Ask every time

When you use online mode it is safer in such a way that a record can get locked when
modified and thus no conflicts can raise.

If you use offline mode the complete database (just your db-mounts?) get exported to
your local (XML?) (memory?) database. you then work on it and remember all changes in
a kind of log-file (this should be typo-action-script). when you click synchronize again
the commands you executed get applied to the installation on the server.

So you have the choice.

With "(memory?) database" i meant that the data is kept in memory. If you have
a small installation this could lead to amazing speeds while working with the
GUI.

greets,
Bernhard