[Typo3-dev] Project proposal: TypoG

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Fri Feb 25 20:37:15 CET 2005

Claudio Romano wrote:

> But I do think that a event based core for typo3 would be interessting
> for many developers. They even can
>
>> Or is it because all C++ and Java-Programmers are seeking to
>> contribute with their tools only?
>
> Hit! Autsch! Could probably be true in my case...

It is because the webbrowser access to a server with Typo3 and PHP is so
slow if you have a big homepage or a slow server and low internet speed.
And the backend configuration modules could as well be written in a fast
client program.

> Why I was so exited about such a project is the fact I made good
> experiences with our customers if I can provide them a good desktop
> application instead of a gui, especially if they work all day long with
> this tool. This was the case for osCommerce shopping card, they just
> preferred the desktop application.

So if the customers want it and pay for it, this should be started.

> I also read a week ago about the
> advanced shop project [1], so I started to get the idea to port the our
> youAdmin (gpl products-administrator for osCommerce[2]) to the advanced
> shop for typo3. While a was dreaming this discussion came up....
Yes, even for the Typo3 shop a client program would be a great help.

Franz