[Typo3-dev] Project proposal: TypoG

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Fri Feb 25 14:37:11 CET 2005

>>Should we go for the SWING or SWT ?
>
> I think writing a desktop client for t3 would be a huge amount of work,
> starting with the soap or xml-rcp task on the t3 side. The client would
> also be very complex as the typo3-be actually IS complex. There is a lot
> of logic to take care of (extensions, flexforms, rte, t3 conf..). But if
> this project would start I really like to help with!

You do not have to implement all the backend modules in the first
version of a java client. The support of the PAGE and TEMPLATE module
would be a great help, the rest can follow later.

> For my side I would suggest to use java and spring-rcp [2] instead of
> eclipse or c++. If java is programmed well it is no slow anymore! Some
> examples [3]. And swing doesn't look ugly [4]. In my opinion the
> bottleneck is not the java GUI but the communication as soap isn't
> really fast (xml parsing on server and client side).

Why don't you want to use eclipse? Is it possible to program the
spring-JAX RPC in PHP, or do you need java on the server side as well?

http://www.springframework.org/docs/reference/remoting.html#d0e9485

I think, on the server side only PHP should run and no java.

Franz