[Typo3-dev] Flexforms for menu_type

Jean-David Gadina macmade at gadlab.net
Fri Feb 25 14:12:25 CET 2005

Hi list,

I've got a little problem with flexforms. I'm the creator of the DropDown SiteMap extension and I'd like to use, for the next version, flexforms for its configuration.

I've added the flexform field with its DS, as usual, but the problem is that the type of my plugin is «menu», and not «list»... I've looked in the tt_content TCA, and of course, the ds_pointerField for pi_flexform is set to «list_type»...

So is there a way to use flexforms for something else than a «list_type» plugin?

I could maybe use a «list_type» plugin for the next version of the extension, if there is no other solution, but it will cause some problems for people upgrading from an old version, as the old plugin won't be recognized anymore... So the second question is, how can I avoid those update problems?

Thanx a lot to everyone, : )
- - -
Jean-David Gadina (macmade)