[Typo3-dev] xhtml compliancy

Martin Kutschker martin.t.kutschker at n0spam.blackbox.net
Thu Feb 24 16:30:52 CET 2005

"Robert Markula" <robert.markula at gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1109252885.17394.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
> (...)
>> xhtml 1.0 strict
>> ==========
>>
>> Differences to XHTML 1.0 transitiona:
>>
>> ???
> (...)
>
> There you go:
>
> Element;Attribute;Notes
> applet ;  ;Element is deprecated. Java-Applets should be used with the
> object-Element instead.

[...]

"deprecated" doesn't mean it's invalid. I'm interested in the differences
where a document that's valid 1.0 transitional is an invalid 1.0 strict.

Eg the removal (not deprecating) of the lang attribute (xhtml 1.0) in favour
of xml:lang (xhtml 1.1) is a real compliancy issue.

Ah, I found it! It's the frame stuff that's missing: for frameset and frame
use xhtml frameset, iframe and noframes are missing altogether.

I'm looking for such stuff. Anything else?

> I can send this list to you as csv, sxw, xls or pdf if it is of some help
> to you (would be easier on the eyes, I believe ;)).

csv is fine.

Masi