[Typo3-dev] xhtml compliancy

Martin Kutschker martin.t.kutschker at n0spam.blackbox.net
Thu Feb 24 13:22:47 CET 2005

"Robert Markula" <robert.markula at gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1109241563.28278.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
> (...)
>> I've been trying to collect some info on the various xhtml variants, but
>> would be delighted if anyone can point out the differences. It's one
>> thing to browse through specs, and another to have actual experience.
>
> You mean like a comparison table or something like that?

Below are my notes I made yesterday.

Masi

---

xhtml 1.0 transitional
xhtml 1.0 strict
xhtml 1.0 frameset
xhtml basic
xhtml 1.1
???

xhtml 1.0 strict
==========

Differences to XHTML 1.0 transitiona:

???

xhtml 1.1
======

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/

<!DOCTYPE
 html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"

The namespace designator for XHTML is "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" (MUST
be set).

Differences to XHTML 1.0 strict:
  1. On every element, the lang attribute has been removed in favor of the
xml:lang attribute.
  2. On the a and map elements, the name attribute has been removed in favor
of the id attribute.
  3. The "ruby" collection of elements has been added.

Tags:

body, head, html, title, abbr, acronym, address, blockquote, br, cite, code,
dfn, div, em, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, kbd, p, pre, q, samp, span, strong,
var, a, dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li, object, param, b, big, hr, i, small, sub,
sup, tt, del, ins, bdo, button, fieldset, form, input, label, legend,
select, optgroup, option, textarea, caption, col, colgroup, table, tbody,
td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, img, area, map, meta, noscript, script, stylelink,
base

Attributes:

style attribute, events attribute, ismap on img

XHTML also uses the Ruby Annotation module as defined in [RUBY]:

 Ruby Annotation Module:  ruby, rbc, rtc, rb, rt, rp

xhtml basic:
========

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Basic 1.0//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-basic10.dtd">

Tags:

body, head, html, title, abbr, acronym, address, blockquote, br, cite, code,
dfn, div, em, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, kbd, p, pre, q, samp, span, strong,
var, a , dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li, form, input, label, select, option,
textarea , caption, table, td, th, tr, img , object, param, meta , link,
base

Masi