[Typo3-dev] Typo3 alternative to cron (?)

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Wed Feb 23 16:05:40 CET 2005

Robert Markula wrote:

> Problem is, not every Web-Hoster allows you to use cron, althought it
> would be theoretically possible (for an additional fee, of course).

If you have such a restrictive Web-Hoster he will most probably have set the
max_execution_time of an php-script and not allowed to reset it in the script.

So you won't be able to create a cron-daemon in php.

In my opinion the best solution so far was to use a "external" cron job on another
server and let it retrieve a specific .php script from a secured directoy (with secured
I mean that just the cron-job-server-IP has access to this script)

So you don't depend on any cron-job installed on the server which runs typo3 but you still
require some other server which runs typo3 and can get a website from the hosting-server.

greets,
Bernhard
--
Kraft Bernhard