[Typo3-dev] css_styled_content - anything upcoming?

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Tue Feb 22 13:56:35 CET 2005

Andreas Schwarzkopf wrote:
> Martin T. Kutschker schrieb:
>
>>> My approach would be, to make a couple of constants wich will control
>>> via TS-conditions the appropriate mode: xhtml_trans, xhtml_strict,
>>> xhtml11, accessibility etc. (a la cSet default). This would leave the
>>> whole thing 100% backwards compatible, add almost all modes and
>>> provide only some lines of new code instead of fully new rendering
>>> concept.
>>
>> But we'd have an incredible number of options (via constants). Doesn't
>> look too exciting to me.
>
> OK, may be it brings some more overhead. I not sure also if it the best
> way.
>
> Please not from scratch ;-)
> Anyway, another possibility: in tt_news there are two alternative
> templates, right? In CSC extension we could give the normal
> css_styled_content template plus the addon-templates like xhtml_trans,
> xhtml_strict, accessibility wich could be combined.

Hm, that's different goals and they may or may not overlap. You can
create reasonable accesibility without valid xhtlm (eg wrap="virtual"
won't really matter for accesibility).

So please don't try to make one wonder-thingy that does everything and
has 10.000 options.

Seems like we need a complete feature list first.

>> For tslib_content (and friends) I suggest that we file all XHTML
>> compliancy bugs on the bug tracker. These issues should be addressed
>> there.
>
> Yes, the bug tracker is the right place. But: wich xhtml version? there
> are already 4 xhtml versions in current use, xhtml2.0 is on the way.

I count three: xhtml 1.0, 1.1 and the upcoming 2.0.

1.0 (as HTML 4.0) comes in three variants and 1.1 is modularized anyway.

I think we'll end up with config.xhtml_version with values "1.0", "1.0"
and so on. With this we can deal with the removed lang-attribute (xhtml
1.1 uses only xml:lang) and stuff.

I don't know yet what to do about the multitude of DTDs of xthml 1.1.

That's the reason I think "just" fiddling with css_styled_content won't
help.

Let's collect the issues and solve them where appropriate (in the core,
in css_styled_content, or somewhere else).

Masi