[Typo3-dev] Re: css_styled_content - anything upcoming?

David Pratten david at kazserve.org
Tue Feb 22 12:43:05 CET 2005

Dear All,

The css_styled_content extension is very useful as a base for the new
"htmlcssstyling" extension that I have just uploaded.  It will be good to
see css_styled_content updated in a backwards compatible way.  I agree that
the css_styled_content formatting switches are of much less importance than
they were and could become deprecated in the future.

I am a newbee (since January '05) and I have really enjoyed getting into
TYPO3.

The new HTML/CSS STYLING extension is in the repository and it's manual
(which I couldn't upload to the repository due to space restrictions) is at:
http://www.jibekjoly.net/typo3/htmlcssstyling/manual-htmlcssstyling-20-01-20
05.sxw

The new "htmlcssstyling" extension provides 1/ an easy starting place for
website builders who are migrating from other HTML/CSS styling based
environments and CMSs (e.g. Mambo) and 2/ a useful website building
environment.

Using the "htmlcssstyling" extension the TYPO3 template record's only
function is to point to the html and css template files for the pages and to
give the pageid for shared content.  These are configured using the
Constants Editor.

The extension contains a sample page tree that will look familiar to those
who have seen MTB/1 and adds lots of goodies for newbees (like me) like 4
column content, common or shared content that appears on multiple pages and
possibly the lowest possible exposure to typoscript for useful websites.

Feedback on the extension to: drp at jibekjoly.net would be appreciated.

David