[Typo3-dev] Typo3 alternative to cron (?)

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Tue Feb 22 11:01:03 CET 2005

Martin T. Kutschker wrote:
> But if you have a PHP script that never ends you should worry about
> memory consumption. I fear that an endless script will suck up all
> memory, if you don't take care.

I can take away your fear.
PHP seems to be very intelligent when it comes to memory handling.

When I log onto my server where my KB-Chat runs and do a "ps aux"
I get a line:
kraftb    2681  0.0  1.1 18356 10692 ?       S    Jan18   0:22 /usr/bin/php -q /home/kraftb/www/kb_chat/typo3conf/ext/kb_chat/r

telling me that my chat runs since 18. January. So its more than a month.

And it uses 1.1% Mem at the moment and it used the same amount when I started it.

And I din't take much care about wheter all things are freed and so on (I just took
care that each socket gets closed)

greets,
Bernhard
--