[Typo3-dev] TCE Forms question

Christian Trabold trabold at mehrwert.de
Mon Feb 21 09:55:21 CET 2005

Hi Bernhard,

> I have to modify the tt_content table in such a manner that special fields
> have to get displayed when editing the record in the BE. Thos fields should
> get displayed when a specific value is choosen in a select box from
> a record in this table.

> Is there a way to define for example
> 'type' => 'CType,image_effects'
> in the 'ctrl' section of tt_content ?
>
> or is there another possibility to do this with flex-forms ?

you could use user forms (s. page 98 in TYPO3 Core APIs).

['columns'][fieldname]['config'] / TYPE: "user"
"type" => "user",
"userFunc" => "user_func->func"

Just a thought of a workaround:

In your userFunc you can check for the post-var of your "2nd type-field"
and modify/show your userform-item(s) the way you like...

A little drawback: you'll have to save the form first to get the right
post-var. Maybe a little JavaScript-Magic could help here to make it
really interactive.

Hope that helps!

Christian