[Typo3-dev] SOAP-Services for TYPO3

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Feb 15 10:38:51 CET 2005

Martin Kutschker wrote:

>> it should be based on PHP5
>
> It's fine to see so much enthusiasm for PHP5, but TYPO3 isn't even relying
> on 3.4 goodies.

Do we have to? I think using the PHP5 implementation would cause the least
dependencies from other libraries because it is enabled by default. Plus it
smoothly fits into PHP in general.

But maybe that's only a question of personal preferences.

>> and of course come with a proper WSDL definition
>> (which we'd have to create manually or via the PEAR classes because PHP5
>> currently doesn't support creating WSDL, right?).
>
> What do you mean by creating WSDL? Isn't it just an XML format, so I
> could, if I wished, create it manually?

Yes of course. Open Office files are also XML, so you could create them
manually.

I don't say that WSDL is complex but you don't want to change that manually
each time you create / modify / delete a method in your API. It was just a
sidenote that we cannot create it automatically with PHP5 (yet), no big
deal.

--
robert