[Typo3-dev] SOAP-Services for TYPO3

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Feb 15 09:14:21 CET 2005

Hi Peter,

Peter Niederlag wrote:

> Currently I am developing some few methods(concerning versioning) for
> TYPO3 to be accessible via SOAP-Services.
>
> It seemed quite tricky to me, since I need to base on the CLI-Api cause
> of course I don't have a valid browser-session to be used for the
> Service-Call.
>
> Ok, got that done. The setting of the Constants seemed hard to me.
>
> Has anyone provided acces to TYPO3-Api or Repository via SOAP already?
> What approach have you taken?
> Are you willing to share any approaches?
>
> I base on PHP5 and it's SOAP-module.

René and I are planning modifications for an event driven core which in our
opinion would also be a solid foundation for controlling TYPO3 via SOAP,
XML RPC or whatever.

I think that if we create an official long-lasting SOAP solution for TYPO3,
it should be based on PHP5 and of course come with a proper WSDL definition
(which we'd have to create manually or via the PEAR classes because PHP5
currently doesn't support creating WSDL, right?).

But back to the event thingy: We are really looking forward putting that
into reality, but it definately will be later this year, so it's no quick
solution if you need it now ...

--
robert