[Typo3-dev] Allowed excludefields

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Tue Feb 15 05:58:55 CET 2005

Hi,

Michael Stucki wrote:
>>have this list box changed to (sort of) an unordered list or some
>>tree. Level 1 would be the table at hand, level 2 the field and a
>>checkbox to en/disable access.
>
> The tree suggestion sounds like a good idea!

Which is what I hoped, and the main issue.

>>Also, I would like to have the raw DB field name in parens or so besides
>>the translated name.
>
> That's another good idea.
>
> Could you please submit these suggestions to the bugtracker? Please keep
> them separated since the 2nd idea might be easier to add.

See Bug 790 at:

http://bugs.typo3.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000790

Sorry, if the formatting is bad, I'm unable to enter descriptive text
into a 5x60 box. Also this is essentially just a copy of this message
with a "have it all" feature request.

I don't think, just listing the "raw DB field name" in the existing
interface (listbox) would make too much sense

- it wouldn't be seen most of the time caused by the "too narrow
   listbox" issue
- it really _should_ be accompanied by the "list all raw DB fields"
   request, to be usefull. Else people would be missing most important
   information
- the latter dictates elimination of the "Explicitly allow/deny field
   values"

regards, Georg
--
  ___   ___