[Typo3-dev] versioning-API

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Mon Feb 14 14:11:46 CET 2005

Hi,

currently I am fiddeling with the versioning-API a little bit.

Good thing:
It can be easily used via cmdMap Parameter-Array supplied to tceMain.

Bad thing:
This way I can not get the id of a newly versioned record back.

Consider I want somewhere to use an API-Call ->createVersion($uid).
Since I want to work later on the newly created version I need the id of
the record that was cretaed using the versionCreate() Call.

Not possible right now via tceMain or any other class imho.

OK, I figured out how to achive the task via copying parts of the
methods used and catching the id there. But still, it would be great if
some parts would be more abstracted so they can be used elsewhere.

Cheers,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag