[Typo3-dev] Installing extention with sql... decimal(15,5)..

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sun Feb 13 19:08:24 CET 2005

Hi Ries.

Ries van Twisk wrote:
> I got this error when my extention was about to be installed into Typo3:
>
> ERROR: Query could not be parsed: "SQL engine parse ERROR: Field type
> unknown!: near "decimal(15,5) default NULL, PRIMARY KEY (id), KEY"".
> Is it because DBAL does not recognize the DECIMAL type?

Yes. t3lib_sqlparser checks for the type of a field, and doesn't allow
neither decimal nor numeric (which are equivalent and both part of standard
SQL).

I'll add them to CVS, to fix this locally just add them to the list of known
types in function parseFieldDef(&$parseString, $stopRegex='') in
class.t3lib_sqlparser.php.

But you should check whether you really need numeric - float is not as
precise but often a lot faster. YMMV.

Karsten