[Typo3-dev] Typo3 and DB2

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sat Feb 12 19:57:24 CET 2005

Hi Suman.

Suman Debnath wrote:
> We are just evaluating a Typo3 project which requires us to use DB2 as the
> DB. I used the search in typo3.org but nothing very useful came up. So can
> anybody tell me the status of DB2 support in Typo3 and/or any
> issues/pitfalls we should be aware of beforehand (from the developer's
> point of view as well as for migration from a current working MySQL
> installation to DB2)?

There are most probably a lot of pitfalls. How is the schedule for your
project? If it's not too tight, we could surely try DBAL out on DB2 (I
haven't done this so far). Then  we'll know more about the pitfalls.
Extensions (especially those not yet using DBAL) would need to be adapted
independently.

If the schedule is tight, go for MySQL, there's not much to loose.

Karsten