[Typo3-dev] Hook request - logout for newloginbox

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sat Feb 12 13:19:18 CET 2005

Hi Claudio,

Claudio Romano wrote:
> i'm using the hook 'login_confirmed' in the newloginbox extension.
> I do not see the counterpart hook 'logout_confirmed' (to interact on
> logouts)? Would be very nice to have one, or do I overlook some
> other hook for this?

There is no logout_confirmed hook, because no-one needed it yet. Hooks
are usually implemented on request.

So if you need it, just send me a mail with a patch or describing where
exactly the hook needs to be placed, and I'll merge it into a new
version of newloginbox.

BTW, the concept of hooks is really great, newloginbox has now already
got three hooks, which means less XCLASSes. That again means more
compatibility between extensions.

It would be cool if we had a team of volunteers (or just one person) who
  could go thru the list of extensions and check if any extension uses
an XCLASS where a hook would make more sense. That person or team would
then send the patches to someone with write access to the Core CVS for
merging it. For the moment you could just file a feature request on
bugs.typo3.org.

cheers,
Ingmar

--