[Typo3-dev] Installing extention with sql... decimal(15,5)..

Martin Kutschker martin.t.kutschker at n0spam.blackbox.net
Fri Feb 11 10:10:55 CET 2005

"Ries van Twisk" <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.28.1108060614.16887.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hey all,
>
> I got this error when my extention was about to be installed into Typo3:

This will get more frequent with different DBs.

How about dumping current Mysql-specific SQL-code in favour of some
pseudo-SQL.

The syntax would enforce some common types that DBAL and TYPO3 understand.
The extension manager will use the DBAL feature to change TYPO3-SQL into
"real" DB-dependent SQL.

Additonally we could allow for DB-hints, if you know that db X will perform
faster if you specify option Y and so on.

Masi